Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Christmas idea..need your thoughts

  1. #1
    T. Lynn
    Guest T. Lynn's Avatar

    Post

    Ok, I have an idea for Christmas and was wondering what everyone thought about it. I have so many presents downstairs in the AG "stash". Some will be for Christmas, her birthday the following month, and if need be, Easter.

    Anyway, Santa brings her 3 gifts, which this year will be:
    * 3-in-1 doll bed
    * salon chair and accessories packed in the box
    * ??? - not sure which other one will be from Santa yet

    We also give her some gifts from us, and one will definately be #22 or #27 depending on which one I keep.

    Anyway, that still leaves me with stuff downstairs so I thought about addressing one present (or combine stuff into 1 box) to each of her AG dolls. I have some bitty baby items downstairs that I can address to her doll Emily, some things for Alyssa (AKA: Marisol) and some for her new arrival, Kaylee.

    Anyone else do this? I have wrapping paper that states "From Santa" so I thought it would be cute and she wouldn't be expecting it. What do you think?

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 06, 2006 10:33 PM: Message edited by: T. Lynn ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member trvnbrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    440
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's a very sweet idea. I have three stockings that are already filled for each of DD's dolls (Kit, Lissie & new arrival Molly). I will have to dump the stockings because DD knows I have them & wants to hang them up. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I was going to get gifts for each doll to give each other, but DD made presents & wrapped them in August. [img]eek.gif[/img] What can I say, she got a little bored the week before school started. She made picture frames, a stationary set & found an old Ty Beanie Baby buddy for the doll's to exchange.

    Have fun planning it all out & let us know what you decide to do.

    Bren [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    *AG Star*
    Guest *AG Star*'s Avatar

    Post

    Last year my mom labeled two of my AG presents to Felicity and Nellie, so this year, they have their own Christmas wish lists! [img]wink.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member cowgirlsue's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2006
    Posts
    391
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by T. Lynn:
    I thought about addressing one present (or combine stuff into 1 box) to each of her AG dolls.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, I think it is a brilliant idea...probably because I was planning on doing the same thing, LOL!

  5. #5
    Felicity_Fan85
    Guest Felicity_Fan85's Avatar

    Post

    That's a cute idea. Just like *AG Star*, my mom put a present in Felicity's name (mini Elizabeth) and this year my girls have wishlists (though I'll probably buy them their stuff). Dolls love getting Christmas presents!

  6. #6
    T. Lynn
    Guest T. Lynn's Avatar

    Post

    Ok...it's a done deal!

    Each doll will get one present (box) from Santa. Again, my daughter doesn't know about it so she'll be in shock and will love seeing what her doll gets. Lets me give more items without looking like to much for her.

    I just made up a label for each doll in word. The label has a close-up picture of their face (from AG website & another site for Marisol) and the dolls name.

    The wrapping paper already has "Fron Santa" printed on it so my daughter will know who it's from. I've been using the same wrapping paper since she was born so she's use to seeing it and knowing Santa left her that one.

    Now I need to go through the stash and pick out an item for each doll to be from Santa. This is going to be fun...

  7. #7
    Inactive Member kbrzez's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2006
    Posts
    260
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cute idea! My girls do not quite know how to read yet-they are 4, but I will keep that in mind. Their birthday is Dec 22 so not only is there Xmas, but there is the birthday presents galore. We are celebrating Dec 2 though so it spreads it apart a lot. We use to celebrate in Oct or even sept but we are going to Disney then so I had to do the party a little later. Good luck on your idea and let us know what all the dolls get!!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member kitandkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2006
    Posts
    949
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Felicity_Fan85:
    That's a cute idea. Just like *AG Star*, my mom put a present in Felicity's name (mini Elizabeth) and this year my girls have wishlists (though I'll probably buy them their stuff). Dolls love getting Christmas presents!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh dear me. I'm glad my dolls haven't found the AG website yet... [img]eek.gif[/img] lol.

    My dolls exchange presents with each other, and I also make them all clothes (such as a scarf, poncho, t-shirt). My grandmother also makes each of the new girls sleeping bags. These all go under *their* tree. They all also have stockings which "Santa" (I) fill with candy that I like so I can eat it, and usually something small like a mini-mag. Then we get the doll and accessories under the tree - sometimes her accessories (such as Kailey's) are addressed to the doll, and other times the doll(s) give me a present (usually Kit and Kat). My brother also gives Kit-Kat "coal" bubble-gum because he doesn't like them. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    I also have 1 Jewish doll (Marie #10) and 1 Muslim doll (Harper #23). Last year Hanukkah was on Christmas, so Marie got her presents then too (my sister's Marisol is also Jewish). We set up their menorah by the tree. I'm not sure what I'm doing for Harper this year; she'll probably just celebrate hte secular part of Christmas.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member MOM to JILLIAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    684
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    All I can say is... Great minds think alike on HB!! [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] We're doing stockings for each doll, DD is planning to give each of her girls a gift and Santa will be leaving each girl a special surprise from her collection. It is going to be a FUN Christmas!!!

    BTW, I am going to wrap Molly's gifts in green tissue paper and put them in a brown cardboard box with DO NOT OPEN UNTIL CHRISTMAS just like her package from Dad. I bought green tissue paper on clearance for CHEAP last year so I'm all set!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member trvnbrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    440
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    HI,

    Just wanted to clarify that the stockings I have for the dolls are doll size, not girl sized. That would be quite a haul! [img]eek.gif[/img] I filled them w/ dollar store & Target dollar spot items (Thanks MOM to JILLIAN).

    Last year I had a present to Kit from Ruthie...it was the red Christmas dress Ruthie gave her in the Christmas story. I also made mini ballet tickets & put them w/ the dress. DD received Kit's typewriter for her Bday, but if she had gotten it for Christmas I would have had it tagged from Dad & Charlie. I think it's fun to work the story lines into the gifts.

    Bren [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •